On June 21, 2019 a motorcycle was observed by police driving at a high rate of speed in the area of Ontario Street and Derry Road in Milton. The motorcycle was driving aggressively between lanes and failed to stop for police.
A photo of the driver and motorcycle was posted on the Halton Regional Police Service’s (HRPS) Twitter page. After numerous tips from the public, the driver was identified.
Tyler Gibbs (21) of Milton has been charged with the following offences:
- Dangerous operation (Criminal Code)
- Flight from police (Criminal Code)
- Use plate not authorized for vehicle (Highway Traffic Act)
- Stunt Driving (Highway Traffic Act)
- Drive motor vehicle – improper licence (Highway Traffic Act)
- Drive motor vehicle – plate improperly displayed (Highway Traffic Act)
- Operate motor vehicle without insurance (Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act)
HRPS would like to thank the public for their assistance in this investigation.
Please be reminded that all persons charged are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.