Halton Region launched its mobile application (app) for users of Apple and Android devices earlier this month. OneHalton builds on the Region’s one-window approach to customer service, giving residents a new way to connect with Halton.
“OneHalton puts the Region at your fingertips,” said Halton Regional Chair Gary Carr. “This free app is an exciting step forward for Halton, and it supports our commitment to providing high-quality customer service that is easy to access across multiple channels.”
The application provides mobile access to many of Halton’s most popular online services:
- Request forms for yard waste labels, diaper bag tags, immunization reporting, prenatal classes and metal and appliance collection;
- Waste collection information and tools, including the Waste Collection Calendar and Put Waste in its Place;
- Maps to Regional facilities and popular cycling destinations;
- Links to Employment Halton and Regional job postings; and
- Regional Councillor contact information, boundary maps, agendas and videos.
OneHalton’s other features include media releases, contact information, a staff directory and optional push notifications to advise users of heat warnings, cold warnings or community emergencies. It also links to local event and festival listings as well as the Region’s social media feeds, which highlight key government services and community events that help keep Halton a great place to live.